Palak Paneer recipe is a paneer delicacy made using palak puree and paneer cubes. This is a very popular north indian and punjabi recipe and often made in those regions.
Your India Travel brings you another great Indian Receipe – Palak Paneer. A very simple and easy to make. Enjoy !!!
Prep Time – 25 mins | Cook Time – 25 mins | Total Time – 50 mins
Course : Curry | Cuisine : Indian | Servings : 03 | Calories : 400 kcal
To blanch or boil palak leaves:
- 3 bunches of spinach/palak leaves
- 2-3 cups of water
To make palak paneer:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 2 slit green chillies
- 2 medium size onions very finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cream/malai
- 100 gms paneer cubes/cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed kasoori methi
Blanching and making puree of the palak leaves:
- Take a pan, into it add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the palak leaves in it, blanch it for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Take the leaves out and transfer them in a bowl of chilled water.
- Allow the leaves to cool down for a minute or two.
- Take a blending jar, take the palak leaves out and put them in a jar, blend them into a fine puree.
- Place the puree aside.
Making of palak paneer:
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds and let them pop up.
- Add crushed garlic and crushed ginger, slit green chillies.
- Saute for few minutes on low flame.
- Add very finely chopped onions, saute and cook them until onions turn golden color.
- Add salt as per requirement, add cumin seeds powder, mix and saute for few seconds.
- Add the blended palak puree into it, mix well.
- Cook the palak gravy for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add cream/malai, give a mix.
- Add the paneer cubes into the palak gravy.
- Add salt if required, else skip adding it.
- Add crushed kasoori methi, give a mix.
- Cook for a minute on low flame.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti or parathas.
- Watch the video procedure above.
Palak Paneer recipe in which we have added the paneer cubes directly and if one wants more out of paneer, then we would suggest to slightly saute them in butter or deep fry the paneer cubes and add into the palak gravy.
If one is looking for healthier side then, it is better to add paneer cubes directly as paneer itself is high in fats and frying them adds more of fat content.
Recipes of The Months
Dal Tadka Recipe
Dal Tadka Recipe, a punjabi style of making the dal by pressure cooking the dal and adding the dal to the onion tomato tadka Your India Travel brings you another great Indian Recipe videly used in majorly all the house in North India – Dal…