Your India Travel brings you another great and cool recipe of “Cucumber Juice” which has too many benefits.
Kheera/ Cucumber is an essential part of salad in Indian meals. it is not only good for digestion but also widely used to make cucumber Raita. (recipe coming soon). It is also very well known as an excellent antioxidant and to reduce weight
Prep Time – 05 mins | Cook Time – 03 mins | Total Time – 08 mins
Course: Beverages, Indian drinks | Cuisine: Indian | Servings: 2 | Calories: 100kcal
- 1 fresh cucumber
- salt – to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 4-5 ice cubes
Peeling of cucumber:
- Firstly, take a fresh cucumber peel it completely with the help of a peeler.
- Taste a portion of the cucumber and if it is bitter discard the cucumber and use another fresh cucumber that is edible and not bitter.
- The kheera that is used should never be bitter in taste.
- Make small pieces of the cucumber with the help of a knife.
Making the juice:
- Take a blending jar, add the cucumber slices into it.
- Add salt as per taste approximately 1/4 teaspoon.
- Then few lemon drops into it.
- And some ice cubes.
- Cover the lid and give a good blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a serving glass.
- Pour the juice into the glass.
- Garnish with cucumber slices or mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.
- YIT advice to do not strain the juice and serve it directly without straining.
- Black salt or kala namak too can be added for a better taste.
- Also mint leaves too can be added and it is totally optional and one’s own choice.
- Do not add sugar to the drink.
- Consuming it weekly twice brings much relief to the tummy and helps in losing weight.
- Do not store the drink in refrigerator nor store it for days. It has to be consumed fresh and never stored.
- Storing changes its taste and makes it inedible.
Click here to access photos of Cucumber Juice
Recipes of The Months
Dal Tadka Recipe
Dal Tadka Recipe, a punjabi style of making the dal by pressure cooking the dal and adding the dal to the onion tomato tadka Your India Travel brings you another great Indian Recipe videly used in majorly all the house in North India – Dal…