Prep Time – 15 mins | Cook Time – 70 mins | Total Time – 85 mins
Course: Beverages, Indian desserts | Cuisine: Indian | Servings: 4 | Calories: 460 kcal
For the eggless cake batter:
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For greasing and flouring the cake pan:
- a cake pan
- some melted butter
- some maida flour
Pre heating the cooker:
- Take a pressure cooker, add some salt at the base and spread it evenly all over the base.
- Cover the cooker with a lid.
- Preheat the cooker for about 10 minutes on low flame.
Greasing the cake pan:
- Take a cake pan, grease the cake pan with some butter all over the pan at the sides and edges.
- Take some flour and spread the flour all over the pan.
- Place the greased and floured pan aside.
Making the cake batter:
- Take a bowl, add condensed milk, add oil and mix the batter well.
- Add powdered sugar, maida/all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- Gradually add milk and mix the batter well without any lumps.
- Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- The batter should be of milkmaid consistency.
- Take the greased and floured cake pan.
- Pour the cake batter from the centre.
- Tap the cake pan slightly.
- Open the cooker lid.
- Place the cake pan inside the cooker.
- Cover it with the cooker lid.
- Do not put any whistle.
- Bake the cake for about 70 minutes on low flame.
- Take a tooth pick and insert into the cake.
- If the cake comes out clean, cake is done well, else bake the cake for few more minutes and do a tooth pick test.
- Switch off the flame.
- Take the cake pan out and allow it to cool down for few minutes.
- Run a knife at the sides and at the edges.
- Invert the pan, pat the pan slightly.
- Carefully lift the pan and be careful while taking the cake out.
To make the cake even more delicious make a chocolate ganache or frosting and spread all over the cake or melt any chocolate and spread on the cake.
Recipes of The Months
Dal Tadka Recipe
Dal Tadka Recipe, a punjabi style of making the dal by pressure cooking the dal and adding the dal to the onion tomato tadka Your India Travel brings you another great Indian Recipe videly used in majorly all the house in North India – Dal…