This nimmakaya pulihora is a favorite among kids and is a popular breakfast rice delicacy down south. It can also be made for kids lunch box and is usually accompanied by a chutney or a pickle
Prep Time – 15 mins | Cook Time – 15 mins | Total Time – 30 mins
Course : Rice | Cuisine : South Indian/Andhra | Servings : 02 | Calories : 310kcal
- 1 cup rice cooked/left over rice
- 2 tbsp edible oil
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 1 tsp urad dal/split black gram
- 3-4 vertically slit green chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 dried red chillies
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt – to taste
- 1 tbsp full lemon extracted juice
- Cook about 1 cup of rice and rest is aside for later use.
- Firstly, in a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add peanuts and saute well.
- Add chana dal and urad dal and stir the ingredients for few seconds.
- Add vertically slit green chillies and mix well.
- Add mustard seeds and dried red chillies and stir the ingredients.
- Add curry leaves and allow them to crackle.
- Add turmeric powder and salt as per taste and mix it up well.
- Add 1 cup cooked rice and mix the rice evenly with the tempering/tadka.
- Sprinkle lemon extract all over the rice and mix the rice evenly.
- Cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves if required.
- Serve hot with pickle or eat it plain…
Recipes of The Months
Dal Tadka Recipe
Dal Tadka Recipe, a punjabi style of making the dal by pressure cooking the dal and adding the dal to the onion tomato tadka Your India Travel brings you another great Indian Recipe videly used in majorly all the house in North India – Dal…